April 2 is the holiday of Alice, Winnie the Pooh, Mary Poppins, Karlson, The Little Prince, Neznaika and all the personages we loved when we were kids. Since 1967, Hans Christian Andersen's birthday has become International Children's Book Day. It is celebrated to inspire love for reading and to call attention to children's books.
If you ask me about my favourite children’s book, I'm not sure I can single out one. All those above and also Deniska from Dragunski’s stories, Chipolino, Pippi Longstocking and many many more! Fairy tales as well – Russian, Persian, Chinese, Georgian, of any nationality, I loved them!
These books took me away to another reality where I played together with Pippi Longstocking, Tommy and Anika, or made a boat with Robinson Crusoe, or laughed at Lord Tomato with Chipolino and other fellow vegetable townfolk, and was happy. A unique warm cuddling feeling you enjoy when you’re a child!
Which books take you back to childhood?


One of the first books I remember was "The House that Jack Built". I was about 5, and my parents bought this great book for me. It was full of pictures and I liked it VERY MUCH, it was something we call 3D now. So a cow and a dog could move and the house looked almost real. It's a pity I lost it! Then I had "Winnie the Pooh" and, of course Marshak's poems. When I was in my early teens I became a big fan of Tom Sawyer. It was fun to read about his tricks and adventures. Then there was 'a romantic period of literature' and I discovered "Ivanhoe", "Hearts of Three" and "Headless Horseman". I'm a real bookworm, so it's not so easy to single out only 2 or 3 books I read in my childhood, because there were tons of them :)
ОтветитьУдалитьThanks for sharing! I used "to play" with Pippi and her monkey too... 5 times in a row... Argh!
ОтветитьУдалитьOOOOHHHHH, what a touching topic!!!!!!!! There are so many books that DO take me back to childhood! I find it difficult, too, to name one or two. Besides of the mentioned above, I would add all Alexander Pushkin’s fairy tales – I loved them as a child and now. Dinka by Oseeva and Bembi by Zalten surely live in my heart together with Alice, Timur, and Olya and Yalo from The Kingdom of the Distorting Mirrors. I adored the Mumins, Momo, the Wizard of the Emerald City by Volkov, Buratino. Nothing to say about the Brothers Grimm, Janny Rodary and many-many-many others!!!!!... By the way, they still live in my house. I reread them, and understand some things only now. It’s always so, I think. I love all these characters, they accompanied me to my adulthood. Kind, sunny, a little bit naive and Honest books. Kindness is Kindness there, and Evil is Evil, with true friends, with such crazy, but so right logic. And whatever I might say – I’m a children’s book character inside. Elves came later…… THANKS)))
ОтветитьУдалитьOne of my favourite books is "The wizard of Emerald Town written by Volcov, the russian version of an american story "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" by Frank Baum. Ally, pretty little Toto, a cowardly Lion...it's a very fascinating story and the film too=)
ОтветитьУдалить"Million adventures" by Kir Bulychov forever!!!)))
ОтветитьУдалитьInna, I accept!!!)))
ОтветитьУдалитьMy favourite children book is "The Hobbit" by Tolkien. But- what a shame!- I read it only at the age of 20))) In fact, I tried to read it when a child, but somehow I couldn't reach the end of the Bilbo's traveling.) Thank goodness, I have younger brother, who was enchanted by the story "The Lord of the Rings"(he watched the film, the book is toо long for him yet) and begged me to read him more about Middle- Earth. So, we enjoied the wonderful story together and couldn't put the book aside)
ОтветитьУдалитьWhen I was a child I always enjoyed "The Wizard of Oz" by Frank Baum. At the same time I didn't like Russian version by Volkov, and when somebody asked me about my favourite book I said: I like Dorothy, not Ally!:) Also I like Pippi Longstocking, Mary Poppins and fairy tales by Hans Christian Andersen.
ОтветитьУдалитьНавскидку подумала про Динку Осеевой и Алые Паруса. Русские народные сказки читала долго - мама на макулатуру выписала том неадаптированных сказок. Длинные предлинные сказки, там было все и страшнее и печальнее часто, чем в привычных детских изданиях. Ну и сказки Андерсена, конечно.
ОтветитьУдалитьЗнаете, какой автор остался за бортом? Помните милые рассказы про Аленку с Таней? Питерскую "Девочку из города", которую в блокаду приютили добрые люди?
ОтветитьУдалитьЭту писательницу зовут Любовь Воронкова. Я зачитывалась ею в детстве, повестями про Зину -"Старшая сестра" и "Личное счастье", в т.ч. Обидно, что как-то ее забыли и перестали читать. В Либрусеке есть ее книжки, они научат ребятишек добру.
А Кассиль! Сейчас почти забыт((( Володя Дубинин был моим героем........
ОтветитьУдалитьДа-да-да. А мы с Мари тоже сейчас вспомнили "Девочку из города". :) Я-то читал её давноооо, а вот детка - совсем вчера. ;) Я ей завидую... С.Ш.
ОтветитьУдалитьПревая книга,которая произвела на меня неизгладимое впечатление - это роман Виктора Гюго "Отверженные".Может быть потому,что это была первая СЕРЬЁЗНАЯ книга,которую я прочла.Классе в 3 мы читали отрывок из этого романа,я действительно заинтересовалась и прочитала всю книгу,from cover to cover, так сказать))))))Конечно,главный герой - храбрый жизнерадостный Гаврош - вот кто привлек моё внимание прежде всего.Его гибель была настоящей трагедией для меня(
ОтветитьУдалитьлюбимая книга связанная с детством?..ой,их много!и каждая книга оставила свое неповторимое впечатление)но больше всего меня ободряет жизнерадностый и всегда на позитиве плюшевый мишка, персонаж повестей и стихов Алана Александра Милна - Винни Пух! его просто не возможно не любить. ВП - воплощение доброты!
ОтветитьУдалитьЗЫ. "А с воздушным шариком кто хочешь развеселится! Никто не может грустить, когда у него есть воздушный шарик!"(с)
(Ann)
When a child, I was really captivated by "The Little Prince" by Antoine Saint Exupery. The fairy tale was mixed with the colourful illustrations (made by Exupery himself!), and they made the book read easily and let the imagination fly. The Little Prince seemed so touching, tender and careful boy. I remember his long, long scarf that flew away in the wind)))By the way,I found it rather a teaching story. For example, as far as I remeber, the Little Prince had an important rule, when he got up in the morning and washed his face he never forgot to tidy up his little planet!He did it every day) I don't know why...but when asked about my favourite book from childhood, it is the fist book that leaps into my mind)))
ОтветитьУдалитьThis book is a Treasure! And the pictures which make the story complete and alive! Do you remember the picture of the lamb The Little Prince chose? )))
ОтветитьУдалитьCertainly! He chose the one that was in a box!!!))) To be more precise, he chose the picture of a box, he was sure that the lamb hid inside)))
ОтветитьУдалитьIt means we speak the same language! A certain code, clear to those who have read the book and totally incomprehensible to the rest. The second group is > numerous, poor things…
ОтветитьУдалитьА моими любимыми сказками были - сказки К. Чуковского - «Мойдодыр», «Тараканище», «Муха-цокотуха», «Доктор Айболит». эти сказки не только наполнены добротой, но и очень поучительные! Я также очень любила смотреть мультфильмы про моих любимых героев.
ОтветитьУдалить(Olyaaa)
А еще "Федорино горе", "Краденое солнце", "От трех до пяти"... Проговариваешь название и выпрыгивают строки, запомнившиеся раз и навсегда. "У меня зазвонил телефон. Кто говорит? - Слон! - Откуда? - От верблюда!" Выпрыгивают? ))
ОтветитьУдалитьЕще как выпрыгивают! с дочкой сейчас как раз ее и читаем.что вам надо?шоколада!-любимая Иришкина строчка))а мне в детстве бабушка "Тарзана" Эдгара Берроуза читала,вместо сказок.наверное,где то отложилось,и я потом сама прочитала "Боги Марса".по ее мотивам сейчас фильм идет,надо посмотреть.
ОтветитьУдалитьА моя самая любимая книга детства "Пепи длиный чулок" Я её читала много много раз, уж больно она мне нравилась....Я так восхищалась этой девочкой, её отвагой и добротой...Все её приключения как будто происходили со мной, я так проникалась этой книгой, я даже не могу передать это словами!
ОтветитьУдалитьПусть банально, но, пожалуй, самой любимой книгой моей с детства остается "Мастер и Маргарита" М. Булгакова. Без преувеличения - прочитана раз 9-10. И каждый - открываются всё новые и новые детали, новые образы и новые стороны характеров героев. А уж переплетение сюжетов истории во времени чего стоит! Волшебство Мастера... Еще одна литературная любовь – муми-тролли Туве Янссон. Очень по-доброму, мило, искренне, временами вовсе не по-детски серьезно и философски. Не понимаю, как литературу и сам процесс чтения можно не любить. Счастливы те, кто с самого детства не ограничивались рамками познания окружающего их мирочка обычным набором чувств (зрение, слух, осязание и т.п.), а проникали с помощью шедевров мировой и отечественной литературы в самые глубины мироздания, развивали свою фантазию и воображение. На мой взгляд, ни новомодные сериалы, ни компьютерные стрелялки-бродилки, ни социальные сети таких горизонтов раскрыть не в силах. Посему – литературе быть!
ОтветитьУдалитьI can't name my favourite book, because I like many of them. When I was a kid, my elder sister read me different stories about queens, princesses, love, etc. I can say that those books helped me to create the first imagination about the world, with their help I understood the difference between people, their nature, characters. Now, I have 3 nieces and when I have free time I read them books from my childhood and they like them, even though now modern children have other interests. And it's a pleasure for me to read to them because with those books I have an opportunity to come back to my childhood.
ОтветитьУдалитьAs a child, I was encourage by my parents to read books. I think I read extensively from Japanese mythology, Japanese fairy tales like “Urashimataro”and “Bamboo Princess”, to Greek mythology, to works by European novelists. I liked science fiction by Jules Verne and “Peter Pan”. I also read “Little Prince”, but It was in my adulthood when I really got to like the story, because I knew little about life as a child. As an adult, I realized the magic cast by “Little Prince” when I got in love with “The Wind, Sand and Stars (Terre des Hommes)” by Saint-Exupery, which is my all time favorite.
ОтветитьУдалитьVery interesting. Though I think, the Little Prince can be read in childhood. Kids would rather feel than understand, intuitively the Prince's longing for his planet and Rose. And those pictures with baobabs would help to realize why it is vital to clean your planet in the morning.
УдалитьBy the way, did Saint-Exupery inspire this beautiful Stardust name?
Several years ago, selecting the books of our home library, my mother and I decided what books stay on the bookshalf. That time, from a big hile of books, I recognized my favourite childhood's books: Baikal's and "Daurskie" Folktales, the Japanese folktales, the Gungle Book, Cinderella, Chukovskiy children's poems and many others... My mother wanted to put them into a box, but I said they MUST stay on the shelf and nowhere else!!! There is no metter whether they are read or not, it gives a great pleasure just to look at them. Looking at them gives some kind of energy which is beyond discription... Turning my eyes on them the pictures from their pages return to life in my memory. Phrases, like "Ох, не легкая это работа - из болота тащить бегемота" or "А подушка как лягушка ускакала от меня", or "Кукушка кукушонку купила капюшон..." escape my lips automatically.
ОтветитьУдалитьDarya Z.
You're right! Keep them to cherish sweet memories, and - for future generations! Don't let yourself be convinced that there will be more beatiful books, a child would love to read the ones his mother used to, when she was a little girl.
УдалитьWhen I remember my childhood, the first that occurs to me is a book «Yakutskie Folktales ». It may sound funny, but it is really my sweet memories. It describes not only their life, customs and traditions, but I was absorbed in the world of magic. One of them was «A White Swan», that was about one girl, whose face was deformed. One day her grandmother said: «If smb really loves you, by the time fixed, you will turn into a beauty». She met a boy, he fell in love with her, but he was afraid of making a declaration of love. So when the time was up, she turned into a white swan, but at that very moment that boy also changed into a black swan …..that book imprinted in my memory.
ОтветитьУдалитьAnzhelika K.
Lovely story! Never read “Yakutskie Folktales”, but the images revive impressions of other oriental tales: Japanese, Vietnamese – they have a similar touch. So much different from Western culture, don’t you think?
УдалитьIt is a good idea, by the way, to get to know different cultures with the help of fairy tales. I'l take it into consideration.
ОтветитьУдалитьAnzhelika
When I was a child I like to read the book "The fisherman and the fish"written by A.S. Pushkin.It's such a cute brilliant story and should be read by all. A fisherman and his greedy wife used to live near the sea. One day he got the fish which started talking, but the fisherman compassioned on her and let her go.The fisherman returned home and told about everything his wife, but as she was greedy she asked him to ask the fish a new trough.The fish carried out her request. Then one day she told her husband to make a wish that she would be a queen of the sea. When the husband told the fish, the fish returned them back to where they began living. This story has a pretty simple moral about being happy and content with what you already have.(Makarova K)
ОтветитьУдалитьIn my childhood I spent a lot of time with my granny and I will never forget those long winter evenings, which we spent together, while reading books. And listening to her, I, curled up in a chair, was dipping into a new world always interesting and mysterious, the world of childish friendship, devotion and courage. Every book, which we were reading was unalike to the previous one and with reading every new book a new adventure story began for me. Listening to my grandmother, I shared with characters all their adventures, found the exit from the cave with Tom Sawyer, swore with Huchleberry Finn, found the father with captain Grand’s children. Without doubt, there were Winnie the Pooh, Mary Poppins, Karlson but as for the book, which I read by myself, it was “Two captains” by Kaverin. There was the story of a young man Sanya Grigoriev, told truthfully and interesting. He had been a streetchild and then became a polar pilot, volitional, courageous and manly man. And it goes without saying, this book had a great impression on me. (Melahova Y.)
ОтветитьУдалитьNice picture: grandma and granddaughter with a book, the time both of them will cherish in their hearts. I’ve always considered the institution of grandparents one of the greatest inventions of human civilization. As for “Two Captains”, I guess, it was there when I first knew what meanness and low tricks were.
УдалитьAs for grandparents as one of the greatest invention, I absolutely agree with you. You see I didn't go to the kindergarden, so I spent all my time at home with my grandparents. And they replaced kindergarden, teachers, children and so on for me. I still remember that my grandma teach me; every week we went to the library to borrow different books (as I have already mentioned); at night she was reading for me to sleep. When my granny was cooking, I was cooking too. My grandpa was a painter and we spent hours, playing with paper toys, he had painted. So I can say that my grandparents formed me as a personality and I thank them for what I am now.
УдалитьДвухлетней читаю Чуковского. Ее любимый персонаж - "мука какатута"
ОтветитьУдалить"Prostokvasheno" was my favorite story when I was a child. First, my mother read me this book. But when I learned to read I began reading it on my own. When I used up the first part, I asked my mother to buy me the rest of the books in this series. I really liked this book because it was simple and clear for me. I watched cartoons based on this book, so I liked it even more. "Prostokvasheno" is my favorite book so far. Because it teaches us to value friendship and to be kind. Parents should read this book to their children because it is a very interesting book and all the kids sure to love it.
ОтветитьУдалитьBalya Julia 9B school № 28 teacher: Polienko V.M.
Great! This book is my nephew's favorite one. She also read it from cover to cover. Sorry to say, the most children are too lazy to read and prefer just to watch the cartoon...But it's one of our next topics.By the way,do you usually compare a book with the movie based on it?
УдалитьBooks from childhood... What a wonderful question! It's interesting because in fact I'm still a child. However, some of the books take me back to the moment of carefree childhood, when every day was a holiday, and everything seemed bright and joyful.
ОтветитьУдалитьWhen I was about six years old, my mother read me a book about Peter Pan, Pippi Longstocking, Robinson Crusoe, Neznaika... So there are many excellent books that I like very much since childhood.
But especially I would like to mention "The Chronicles of Narnia" by author C. S. Lewis. These books really sank into my soul. I re-read them more than ten times. "The Chronicles of Narnia" opened to me a wonderful world of magic, where talking animals, beautiful dryads, majestic centaurs and many other amazing creatures live. And what an unforgettable adventures I've experienced along with the characters. These books taught me to never give up.
Books from childhood...
Savina Alyona, school №28, 9b; teacher: Polienko V.M.
I’m glad you like it! I mean the topic; it does evoke our sweetest memories. And I’d like to welcome my new audience who share precious memories from their not so distant childhood. I enjoyed reading you, thanks! You made a lovely break from the paper heaps I’m buried under now.)))
УдалитьBTW, in the above comments you might find tips for further reading.
Irina, the author of the blog; teachers: Shakespeare and the Co.
"re-read them more than ten times"...It's unbelievable! You're a real fan! And I fully agree with you. Books really give us a great opportunity to get into another world and to solve all the difficulties together with the main characters. I'm really happy,that my pupils are also bookworms))
УдалитьFor the auther of the blog:
Should I say "teacher: Irina Alexandrovna and the Co? " 😉))))
If by the Co you mean Shakespeare, O.W and the rest, I vote with both hands!))))
УдалитьSure! ))
УдалитьThank you, Irina Alexandrovna, for the warm welcome. Now I will regularly visit your blog because it is a truly cozy atmosphere here. I am definitely going to explore all the comments from other users to find new books for reading. Books from childhood are really interesting to discuss for hours.
УдалитьAlyona
I also read a lot when I was a child. But I fall in love with books at more conscious age.My lover was the entire series of Harry Potter books, this story is about the adventures of a boy wizard Harry Potter and his friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.
ОтветитьУдалитьI like the fourth book most of all, it's Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I enjoy this book because it's adventurous and exciting.The main characters face difficulties, they have to exercise courage to escape death.
I find this book to be fascinating, every day thrilling events happen to Harry Potter, every day he solves puzzles and faces new challenges and his friends always come to help him. This was interesting and wonderful to read, immersed in the magical world of heroes.
I would recommend this book to all young people from 10 to 16 years, because it's an outstanding and very interesting story about the children of the same age, and everybody might dream to be a wizard.
Zaharevich Victoria,school №28, 9b, teacher: Polienko V.M.
Childhood books. This was our first literary experience. My mother introduced me to a wonderful world of literature. My mother used to read to me various books before I go to bed. For example she read "The Wizard of Oz", "Little Longnose", "The Scarlet Flower", "Thumbelina", different tales of Alexander Pushkin and some other books. There are many good books that I like since my childhood. But most of all I loved readig "kitten named Woof" by Gregory Ostern and "Adventures of Leopold" by Arcadiy Hite. Probably thanks to these books I love cats. These books taught me kindness, friendship, understanding, tolerance towards each other.
ОтветитьУдалитьKolomitsina Liza, school №28, 9B;
Teacher: Polienko V.M.
When i was a child i enjoed reading. I have read a lot of books since i learnd to read. But the book which really takes me back to childhood is "Amphibian Man". It is a science fiction adventure novel by the Soviet Russian writer Altxander Beliaev. I loved so much the evenings when my father read me this book. Probably at this time i fell in love with reading.
ОтветитьУдалить